Wax After Care instructions
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
• Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
• If this is your first time waxing or have not waxed for a long period there is a possibility of white pimples in the bikini area or on the face. In the event that you have white pimples appear to the wax area, use an anti-acne lotion or hydrocortisone cream for face, back and chest following the treatment and twice a day until breakouts are gone. Do not pick at the pimples as this could leave scarring, spread bacteria and prolong the healing process. Over time, most skin will become acclimated to waxing diminishing likelihood of this and other adverse side effects listed below.
• Avoid sun tanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments. Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators
• Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes, perfume, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays.
• Exfoliation will help prevent ingrown hair and make skin smooth and soft. If you do not exfoliate, you’re likely to get ingrown hair.
• One of the many reasons exfoliating is so important is because ingrown hair can cause sebaceous glands to become infected. If not treated, it can cause permanent scarring.
• Exfoliation with a product such as Mineral Detox should start 48 hours after getting waxed. Once exfoliating has begun, it should be done daily or every other day on dry skin even after hair begins to grow. To optimize wax results, it’s ideal to exfoliate the day before getting waxed.
• Exfoliation with our chemical exfoliator Ingrown(zone) hair serum should begin 48 hours after getting waxed. Apply a small amount to clean dry skin every other day. Because of its ingredients this will help stimulate the formation of normal healthy skin.
• Our recommended exfoliation regimen may need to differ from guest to guest as we all have different personalities, we also have different skin. No one routine will always work for everyone.
• While exfoliation is extremely important, it is as equally important to moisturize. We recommend Ingrown(zone) triple action lotion and should be applied daily with clean hands.
• Exfoliation exposes new skin cells; if they are not moisturized immediately they will become dry and flaky much faster, increasing the chances of ingrown hair.
• Immediately after exfoliation is the best time to moisturize as this will help skin absorb the product and increase hydration.
• Moisturizing will stimulate the skin’s natural barrier function and assist in keeping up with the skin’s constant demand for moisture through prevention of water loss and its retention.
• Well-hydrated skin has better elasticity and protection in preventing cracking and dryness. If not
prevented, cracking and dryness can allow bacteria to penetrate and cause ingrown hair.
In the unlikely event that you rskin has lifted during the procedure:
• We have applied Bacitracin and you should apply Bacitracin for the next couple of days. Stay out of the sun until fully healed.
• Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts so much longer.
• The areas of the body that stay red and tender for a day or two include the underarms, back, chest, bikini and Brazilian. If you usually get hives or itchy you should apply Hydrocortisone cream. If you do not normally react, please apply Bacitracin.
• The legs and arms will sometimes have red spots for about a day or so.
• The face, especially eyebrows, will stay red for a few hours depending on the guest. In some rare cases, skin can stay red for a full 24 hours.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
If you have any questions about your waxing service, skin irritations or after care at home, please do not hesitate to call your skin care therapist.
In addition to the wax we utilized today we offer an product that is composed of natural resin that is free of dyes, parabens and artificial fragrances that you may find more comfortable, please inform your esthetician if you would like more details