AFter care instructions
LASH EXTENSION AFTERCARE
Your lash extensions are attached to your own individual eyelashes, and will shed as your natural
lashes shed. Maintaining your lash extensions will require regular visits to attach new extensions (fill-in) to your own eyelashes as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes.
With a few simple care instructions you will be on your way to enjoying your luscious long lashes. To increase the longevity of your lashes, it is advised to avoid moisture and touching as much as possible.
Before your appointment
- If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
- Arrive to your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup-free eyes.
- Remove contact lenses before your appointment.
During the initial 24-48 hours after your appointment
Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours
after the lash extensions are applied.
It will affect the efficiency of the glue.
- Avoid steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools.
- Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering etc.
- Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after application.
- Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your lashes
- Avoid using oil-based skincare and makeup products around the eye, including mascara and makeup remover.
- Avoid waterproof mascara. If you can, it is better not to use any mascara at all. You may find you don’t even need it!
- Avoid running water over your face. Moisture will break down the bond of the glue.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or lashes, especially when washing your face. It is recommended to clean around the eye area with a washcloth or cotton swab (Q-tip).
- Avoid using an eyelash curler. One of the benefits of lash extensions is the ability to add curl to your lashes. If you would like more curl, please speak to your technician.
- If you can, sleep on your back to avoid the risk of lashes rubbing against your pillow.
- Gently brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Avoid pulling your lashes, and do not attempt to remove them yourself. If you would like them removed, please contact your technician.
If you experience any pain, redness or irritation, contact your technician immediately.
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
- Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includes hot baths, sauna, and steam.
- If this is your first time waxing or have not waxed for a long period there is a possibility of white pimples in the bikini area or on the face. In the event that you have white pimples appear to the wax area, use an anti-acne lotion or hydrocortisone cream for face, back and chest following the treatment and twice a day until breakouts are gone. Do not pick at the pimples as this could leave scarring, spread bacteria and prolong the healing process. Over time, most skin will become acclimated to waxing diminishing likelihood of this and other adverse side effects listed below.
- Avoid sun tanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments. Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
- Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes, perfume, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays
- Exfoliation will help prevent ingrown hair and make skin smooth and soft. If you do not exfoliate, you’re likely to get ingrown hair.
- One of the many reasons exfoliating is so important is because ingrown hair can cause sebaceous glands to become infected. If not treated, it can cause permanent scarring.
- Exfoliation with a product such as Mineral Detox should start 48 hours after getting waxed. Once exfoliating has begun, it should be done daily or every other day on dry skin even after hair begins to grow. To optimize wax results, it’s ideal to exfoliate the day before getting waxed.
- Exfoliation with our chemical exfoliator Ingrown(zone) hair serum should begin 48 hours after getting waxed. Apply a small amount to clean dry skin every other day. Because of its ingredients this will help stimulate the formation of normal healthy skin.
- Our recommended exfoliation regimen may need to differ from guest to guest as we all have different personalities, we also have different skin. No one routine will always work for everyone.
• While exfoliation is extremely important, it is as equally important to moisturize. We recommend Ingrown(zone) triple action lotion and should be applied daily with clean hands.
• Exfoliation exposes new skin cells; if they are not moisturized immediately they will become dry and flaky much faster, increasing the chances of ingrown hair.
• Immediately after exfoliation is the best time to moisturize as this will help skin absorb the product and increase hydration.
• Moisturizing will stimulate the skin’s natural barrier function and assist in keeping up with the skin’s constant demand for moisture through prevention of water loss and its retention.
• Well-hydrated skin has better elasticity and protection in preventing cracking and dryness. If not
prevented, cracking and dryness can allow bacteria to penetrate and cause ingrown hair.
In the unlikely event that your skin has lifted during the procedure:
• We have applied Bacitracin and you should apply Bacitracin for the next couple of days. Stay out of the sun until fully healed.
• Any pinking of the skin should disappear within 6 to 8 hours after the waxing treatment. Slight pinking is normal, and indicates that the hair was removed from the root, rather than superficially broken off, as in shaving. This is the reason that professional waxing lasts so much longer.
• The areas of the body that stay red and tender for a day or two include the underarms, back, chest, bikini and Brazilian. If you usually get hives or itchy you should apply Hydrocortisone cream. If you do not normally react, please apply Bacitracin.
• The legs and arms will sometimes have red spots for about a day or so.
• The face, especially eyebrows, will stay red for a few hours depending on the guest. In some rare cases, skin can stay red for a full 24 hours.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
If you have any questions about your waxing service, skin irritations or after care at home, please do not hesitate to call your skin care therapist.
In addition to the wax we utilized today we offer an product that is composed of natural resin that is free of dyes, parabens and artificial fragrances that you may find more comfortable, please inform your esthetician if you would like more details
The first 24 hours after your spray tan can make or break how it looks, so it’s important to know what to do after a spray tan. With proper care, your spray tan will keep that stellar glow. Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Wear loose fitting clothing. This is to ensure your tan doesn’t rub off or look uneven.
- Go commando! It might sound silly but try to avoid wearing a bra or undies directly after your spray tan. If you do want to wear underwear, choose a loose, dark pair as the spray tan solution could stain nylon or Lycra (it washes out of most fabrics, though). If you want to wear a bra, choose a strapless or bandeau style.
- Stay dry. To help your tan develop, you’ll want to avoid all moisture for at least 4-5 hours after you get a spray tan. This includes showering, workouts, hot yoga, lotions, liquid foundation, etc. Staying dry will help the spray tan solution adhere to your skin.
- Wait to shower. We recommend showering no sooner than 4 hours after your spray tan, but no longer than 24 hours after. When you do shower, be gentle and only use oil-free cleansers. Avoid any exfoliants and just use the palm of your hand to gently rinse off the surface bronzer. Avoid harsh scrubbing, hot water, drying soaps, and other chemicals. Pat yourself dry instead of rubbing.
Moisturize after you shower. After your shower, moisturize with an oil-free moisturizer. Hydrated skin maintains a tan longer than dry, thirsty skin. Remember the previous spray tan aftercare tip to stay dry and make sure that any moisturizing occurs at least 4 hours after the spray tan.
- Avoid makeup. Many people wonder “can you put makeup over a fresh spray tan?”. However, like any moisture, you want to try and avoid applying any makeup for at least 6 to 8 hours after a spray tan. Applying makeup or any other types of moisturizer can alter the color of a fresh spray tan or cause blotches.